Search Engine Optimization Made Simple
Search Engine Optimization is the topic of the video below narrated by Maile Ohye , Developer Programs Tech Lead at Google. Titled SEO for Startups in under 10 minutes I thought it would be useful for readers of The Silent Seller to view it due to its clarity and simplicity.
Search Engine Optimization Steps
- Verify Ownership in Webmaster Tools. See Video “Using Webmaster Tools Like An SEO“
- Do A Background Check on Your Domain. See Â “Google Webmaster Tips”
- Use Webmaster Tools to Fetch as Googlebot:Crawl then Submit To Index
- Include Analytics Code. Google Analytics or another provider
- Be strategic in your User Experience. Make it simple and focussed
- Know what your conversion desires are
- Use relevant keywords, unique topic per page,unique snippets in meta description
- Avoid rogue SEO and paid links or link farms
- Concentrate on faster page load times
- Verify your rankings by your company name
- Provide an awesome web experience and create buzz via social media
Search Engine Optimization Reading
To keep up on the search engine optimization changing environment Â use the free resources that are available on the web. Here are just a few helpful locations.
Search Engine Optimization Ranking
Remember the cardinal rule for SEO is to make the user experience perfect. Have the title,meta description and images match the content on the page so that both the reader and the search engine bots that are crawling it get the results that they were looking for. Whenever you create your content keep the ideas tightly focussed and in plain language. If you are looking to optimize your site all you have to do is go here for optimization tips to get more traffic to your website. There are a few tools you should be aware of so that you can first pinpoint your website performance issues. If you know where your website is slowing down or bottlenecking than you can re-adjust your priorities.
On-Page factors are in your control so use all of the tools that are available to you. On this blog I use Yoast’s excellent plugin WordPressSEO which provides you a variety of tips. It incorporates everything from a snippet preview and page analysis functionality that helps you optimize your pages content, images titles, meta descriptions and more to XML sitemaps, and loads of optimization options in between.
Leave a Reply