Â Apple Maps Gets You More Customers
Active listing of your business on the search engine drives more customers to your business as internet has become the first point of contact for more than 95% of people all around the world. With a significant number of people using iPhone in todayâ€™s day and age, it is important for your business to have an active listing on Apple Maps too. Both large and small businesses are ensuring their online presence to grow and expand their local business. And now that Apple Maps has launched a local business listing feature called Apple Maps Connect, businesses in the United States have more opportunity to grow and expand their customer base by listing their business on Apple Maps Listing in addition to the traditional Google Map listing.
According to Google, one in every five searches, is related to locating a restaurant, store, landmark or a general location. If you are a business owner and havenâ€™t started using Apple Maps yet, you should start now.
Apple Maps Connect is as convenient as you can imagine. It is specially designed for small businesses so that local customers can locate them. As mentioned above, Apple has announced that this feature is only available in the United States as of now but may be accessible to other countries soon. This is a free service that can be accessed by both PC and cell phone wherein, a business owner can easily create or make changes to their business listings.
Here is how you can add your business to Apple Maps Connect (with screenshots):
- Using your phone or PC go to https://mapsconnect.apple.com. Once you are there login to Apple Maps using your Apple ID and If you donâ€™t have an Apple ID and password yet, you can create one HERE.
- Once you have created your Apple Identity, youâ€™ll be taken to this page where you can add your business by entering you business information.
- After you log in to Apple Maps using your ID and password, youâ€™ll be asked to enter your relationship with the business. Choose the most appropriate option out of the two; â€œBusiness Ownerâ€ or â€œAuthorized by the Business Ownerâ€.
Next, youâ€™ll be prompted to enter your business details. This is crucial and is the core feature for your business listing to be effective or non effective. Make sure you enter all the information accurately such as the business name, business phone number, address,landmark etc as your customer will enter one of these details to locate you and even the minutest mistake can hinder your business listing.
- Once you have provided your primary business phone number, you will receive a verification phone call from Apple with a unique pin number which needs to be entered back on the page to complete the process. Additionally, you will get the option to go through the verification process later as per your convenience.
- After verifying your business phone number, you will be shown a map with a pin and youâ€™ll be asked to drag the pin to the closest site or the building on the map to locate your businessâ€™s location
- Next, youâ€™ll be taken to a page where you will be required to enter your business â€˜categoryâ€™ (such as Advertisement, Accountant, Life Coach etc) followed by â€˜sub categoriesâ€™ which makes a total of three categories. Though the second and third category fields are optional, it is recommended to recognize your business type and select a category that suits your business best as these keywords will help people locate you. You can view the full list of categories HERE. And while this may seem a bit tedious, it is very important because the categories and sub categories will also make your listing stronger and SEO enhanced.
- Once you have selected a fitting category for your business, youâ€™ll be prompted to enter your service availability. Carefully mention the hours and days your business is open for customers. This information would be displayed when customers search for your business on Apple Maps using their eatel internet service.
- This next step helps people discover your social media pages when they search for your business on Apple Maps. Add your businessâ€™ official website link and all social media page links by manually typing or pasting the links in the field.
- The last step is for you to review everything you have entered and once you are happy with the information you have shared, click OK and Apple will review your business listing.
Before creating your business listing make sure that your iPhone or iPad is updated with IOS6 as Apple Maps is compatible with this operating system. It is likely for you to receive an update from Apple within a week or less about your business listing. And if everything goes well, your business will have a successful local listing on Apple Maps Connect.